The Casagrande B160XP-2 machine is for large diameter rotary & CFA piling. With of over 50 years of research & innovation in the field of Foundations & Geotechnical Engineering, Casagrande manufacture world-class foundation piling rigs & drilling rigs with customers worldwide.
The B160XP-2 is ideal for drilling large and small diameter boreholes. The B160XP-2 is designed to work on the most difficult sites and has excellent technical characteristics including:
> 160 kN high speed winch
> H16 rotary head which has a maximum torque output of 160 kNm and speed up to 32 rpm
The 205kN line pull of the crowd cylinder and rotary head stroke of 5.2 m will drive casing in to the ground with extreme accuracy.
The Smart Power Management (SPM) is an intelligent engine power management system that improves performances and productivity of the machinery. The SPM system monitors the momentary power flows and immediately allocates the available power to the different jobs, so the operation function has always the maximum power available.
The B160 XP-2 has a very low sound emission level as a result of the of sound-absorbing materials and oil heat exchangers, designed for reducing the overall noise level. The layout of the machine and the wide openings of the canopy offer comfortable and easy access for inspection and maintenance. The machine conforms to the last international standards to guarantee the maximum safety of the operations.
The XP hydraulic power system uses Full Load Sensing (FLS) technology. Unlike more common hydraulic management systems, the FLS system only supplies the required amount of oil requested by the functions thanks to the interaction between pumps and distributors. It allows optimal management of the power demands and reduces losses, achieving up to the 25% of fuel saving (calculated on the basis of a theoretical working cycle).
The cabin is ergonomically designed, being wider and more comfortable for the operator and the new canopy design uses sound-absorbing materials. Smart oil heat exchangers are also used, meaning that fan speed is always related to oil temperature, reducing fuel consumption and the overall noise level of the cooling system.
The canopy design of the B160 XP-2 offers maximum accessibility and safety for maintenance tasks:
· Side door with automatic electro-hydraulic openings
· Complete opening of the engine and winches compartment for maximum accessibility
· Side folding ramps (optional)
· The lifting sides become safety rails during maintenance activities on the upper structure.
The XP control system offers the following advantages for the operator and the supervisor:
Monitoring of all working functions, diagnosis of the working systems to ensure the constant monitoring of the status of sensors and components.
Easy conversion to any drilling arrangement meaning that there is no need for manual intervention for setting.
User friendly customization and monitoring of the working parameters and remote rig assistance including diagnostics.
Casagrande FleetMaster is the online platform that allows you to remotely control your fleet simply connecting with a PC, tablet or mobile phone.
You will be able to have a complete and detailed overview of your rig including:
- daily activity, time charts, rig position and status
- machine and fleet position
- active alarms and alarm history
- record of all the significant data
- hydraulic and electric schematics, user’s manual, spare parts.
The B160 XP is designed to the European Union standards on safety and is manufactured to comply with the ISO 9001 requirements on quality.
SPM control system – Smart Power Management
12″ touch screen display for visualization and drilling parameter settings
Mast lifting and lowering aid
Drilling depth measurement and automatic mast verticality control
Automatic idling mode with engine start/stop for fuel saving
Rotary shaking system for tool discharge
Hook on auxiliary line
Protective roof guard (FOPS compliant)
Air condition system
Cab side catwalk
Electric refueling pump
• Undercarriage with 800 mm wide track shoes
• Lateral catwalks and handrails
• Railings on upper structure
• Cab front board
• Water pre-heating system for starting engine at low temperatures
• Automatic centralized greasing system
• Cable remote control for tracking
• Video unit with 2 cameras & 1 7″ monitor - control winches & rear of machine
• Automatic self-alignment on drilling
• Casagrande FleetMaster remote rig control and monitoring via internet
• Transport kit according to required transport conﬁguration
ROTARY PILING EQUIPMENT
• Undercarriage with 800 mm wide track shoes
• Low headroom arrangement
• Cardanic joint for rotary head
• Smart lowering and overload protection for main winch
• Main free fall winch 135 kN nominal line pull
• Arrangement for casing oscillator
• Casing oscillator up to GLL 1300
• Rotating CFA cleaner hydraulically operated
• Star CFA cleaner
• CFA guide with hydraulic opening
• Crowd winches for CFA. Max crowd force 2 x 23 = 46
• Hydraulic vibrator for cages
• Instrument for measuring, displaying and recording of drilling parameters. The instrument is complete with software for processing the data on a PC
• Instrument for continuous extraction of CFA