When you contact M F Equipment UK LLP TA Casagrande UK about products or services offered
with our Cookies Policy (https://www.casagrandeuk.com/cookies) explains how we use any
information we collect about you and forms part of our Conditions of Website Use.
This website is operated by M F Equipment UK LLP TA Casagrande UK We are committed to protecting
your privacy and we comply with data protection laws applicable to the United Kingdom.
- Visitors to our website
- Customers who purchase goods or services or create an account with us
- Our suppliers
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information relating to an individual who can be identified directly or
indirectly, often by name, account number, location, an online identifier or other factors specific
to their identity.
Personal information may include “special category data” relating to racial or ethnic origin,
political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health
and criminal records and allegations.
As a rule, we do not collect “special category data” about visitors to our website or our customers
or suppliers. The exception is where we identify suspected criminal activity such as fraudulent
claims or the use of stolen payment card details. In this case we will record details of the
suspected criminal activity and may take appropriate action, including refusing to accept orders,
make payments or give refunds. We may also report the incident to the relevant bank or payment
card issuer or to the police or other appropriate authorities.
See below for details of how we may use your personal information.
Website Visitors: The personal information we collect about you and how we use it.
You can visit and browse our website without providing your name or contact details.
Like many websites, our server logs capture details of your operating system, browser software, IP
(Internet Protocol) address and Uniform Resource Locator (URL), including the date and time of your
see our cookies policy https://www.casagrandeuk.com/cookies for more information.
You may choose to provide your contact details (name, address, business, job title, email address,
telephone number) if you do any of these things:
- Buy or return things in store
- Use our click and collect or delivery services
- Shop online (either as a guest or using your account)
- Enter a competition
- Sign up for news and offers
When you enter a competition or promotional feature we may also ask for details such as your name,
address, email address and telephone number so we can administer the competition and notify winners.
Separate terms and conditions may apply when you open an account or if you decide to participate
in a competition so please make sure that you read them at the relevant time.
Customers: The personal information we collect about you and how we use it
If you purchase products or services from us, we may use your personal information in the following
Enquiries and Information:
- to answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested;
- to keep track of sales and enquiries
- to keep you informed about our products and services
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
- to provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers
Orders and Account Management:
- to process your order
- to help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- to arrange visits to your home (e.g. to carry out a survey or installation)
- to manage deliveries, returns and refunds
- to manage your account, including carrying out identity checks (if applicable)
- to manage your credit account (if applicable) including carrying out credit checks
- to monitor how our customers, transact with us in store and online (for more information see Understanding Our Customers below)
- to contact you for your views on our products and services
- to publish trends and/or to improve usefulness and content of our website
- to track activity on our site and to provide a more personalised online experience
- to link with social media sites and services, for example, for advertising purposes
- for market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site or in store (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
- for product liability purposes
- to deal with enquiries and complaints
- for claims management and insurance purposes
- for general record keeping purposes
Suppliers: The personal information we collect about you and how we use it.
If you supply products or services to us, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- for order processing and management;
- to manage deliveries, installations, returns and refunds;
- for product liability purposes;
- to manage your account, including conducting credit and other background checks where applicable;
- for market research purposes;
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our websites or services;
- for supply chain management;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints;
- for claims management and insurance purposes; and
- for record keeping purposes.
If you are a supplier and you have any questions about how we use your personal information,
please contact the Commercial Team or your usual business contact.
Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of
our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which
apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional
campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
- We may connect with social media sites so that we can better target our advertising while you are using these services and improve the relevance of what you see
Policy https://www.casagrandeuk.com/cookies . The information collected by cookies does not in itself
identify a visitor to our site but if you are a customer or account holder we may be able to identify
you from both sets of information combined.
Keeping You Informed
If you sign up to receive updates or have bought or enquired about our products or services, we
may use the information we collect to let you know about our other products and services which may
be of interest to you and to keep you updated with information about promotional offers and what is
We review the products and services you buy and we also analyse your use of our website and the searches
you make on this and other websites. We use this information to tailor the marketing you receive from
us so it is as relevant as possible. This may include serving you with adverts on social media and
other third party websites.
If you agree, we may pass your information to suppliers and manufacturers who are interested in
getting in touch with you about their products and services, including other companies in the
Travis Perkins Group.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting our customer
services team through one of the options on our “contact us” page https://www.casagrandeuk.com/contact.
Some telephone calls may be recorded or monitored, for example calls to our customer services teams.
Call recording and monitoring may be carried out for the following purposes:
- training and quality control;
- as evidence of conversations; and/or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (e.g. fraudulent claims).
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the legitimate business purposes
If you are a visitor to the website, we will retain your information for a limited period in order
to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on
our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
If you make a one-off purchase, we normally keep records of the transaction for 7 years. If you are
an account customer or a supplier, we normally keep records for 7 years after the closure of your
account or the last purchase or sale you made. In all cases, this is for accounting, tax and product
Your information may be retained for longer than this if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so,
for example if required by law or court order, or as needed to defend or pursue legal claims.
Working with Service Providers
Like most organisations, we engage service providers to run our website and IT systems, to help us
administer accounts, to conduct credit checks and fraud screening, and to handle marketing campaigns.
We also work with a large number of suppliers who provide products and delivery services to us.
We will only provide these companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged
them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Whenever we share
personal information about our customers or visitors to our website with our service providers, we will
put in place contracts which require the service provider to protect the information and keep it secure.
See also Transferring information to other countries below.
Your information may be shared within the Travis Perkins Group for account management (including credit
accounts), analysis and reporting.
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following third parties for the purposes described above:
- tax, customs and excise authorities
- regulators, courts and the police
- fraud screening agencies
- central and local government
- insurance companies
- other professional advisors
We may also disclose your personal information if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to
enforce or apply our terms and conditions or otherwise protect and defend our rights, property or
the safety of our customers and other users of the website.
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal information in connection with a reorganisation of all
or part of our business, if the majority of our shares are bought by another company or if we transfer
all or some of our assets to another company.
We are committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide to us. We use appropriate
measures to protect the information that you submit through our website and the information we
collect and store about our customers. We restrict access to personal information. Only employees
who need the information to do their jobs have access to it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we
will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information
you submit via our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your
information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your
personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
If you have created an account or registered to use any online services, your account details may be
password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and to sign out once
you have finished browsing.
Changes to this policy
Please refer back to this page regularly.
Links to other websites
Links may be provided on our website to other websites that are not operated by us. If you use these
links, you will leave our website. You should note that we are not responsible for the contents of
any third party website. External sites will have their own privacy policies which you should read
If you have an online account you can access, update and correct your personal information – including
your marketing choices – using the account management facilities.
You can opt out of receiving marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe option in the message
or by contacting our customer service team https://www.casagrandeuk.com/contact. You can also opt
out of postal and telephone marketing by contacting us using the contact us link on the website.
If you prefer not to receive marketing which is tailored to suit your customer profile, please contact
our customer service team https://www.casagrandeuk.com/contact. You will still receive generic marketing
unless you opt out of receiving marketing entirely.
Access and Correction
If you would like to correct or update any of your other personal information, or if you would like
a copy of the personal information we hold, please contact the Travis Perkins Group Data Protection
Officer at the address below. We may need to ask for proof of your identity before we can respond
to your request.
You may also have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling), or request that your personal information is deleted
- where you have provided personal information voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent
- in certain circumstances, the right to receive a copy of the personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that we transfer that information to another party (known as “data portability”)
- the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority (see further below)
Westcott Venture Park,
HP18 0XBOr emailing them at:
firstname.lastname@example.org (marking emails for the attention of the Data Protection Officer)
If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any request made by
you in relation to your personal information, you have a right to make a complaint to the Information
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate)
Legal Basis for Processing
Some of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily (and therefore with your permission),
for example when you sign up to join a mailing list or submit a query.
If you purchase items from us, or if you supply products or services to us, most of the information we
collect is necessary so that we can fulfil the contract between us.
The remainder of the information is collected for our legitimate business purposes, which include:
- To keep in touch with current, past and prospective customers
- To provide online account management and related services
- To gain an understanding of how our customers interact with us so we can provide the most relevant products and services
- To monitor the use of our website and improve its facilities
- To identify suspected criminal activity and take appropriate action
- To manage our supply chain and the relationship with our suppliers
- To protect and defend our rights
When we collect personal information from you we will indicate whether it is mandatory or voluntary – this
is done on the website by using asterisks to mark mandatory fields.