B200XP-2 SCThe Casagrande B200 XP in Stone Column Configuration is the new vibration free ground improvement method allowing use immediately next to sensitive sites or neighbouring buildings
Max Torque Casing Head
The Casagrande B200 XP in Stone Column Configuration is a machine dedicated to giving the specialist contractor equipment to stone columns/ground improvements,
Graded filter selected materials can be used so columns are more resistant to clogging in liquefaction events. Columns remain effective for multiple events.
No introduction of high pressure water or air required so relatively mess free. Sites immediately adjacent to sensitive environments completed. The tooling is a hybrid drilling assembly, this allows tool penetration through hard layers and removes the requirement for predrilling, that is often required for vibrating tooling
Method builds complete columns at all times, so there is no-void space introduction to allow column contamination at any time, unlike methods where a plunging motion is used.
The SPM (Smart Power Management) allows intelligent engine power management in order to improve the performance and productivity of machinery. The XP technology monitors the instantaneous power and hydraulic ﬂows and allocates the full available power according to the requirements of the task. The result is an increase in the machine efﬁciency.
PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY
The Smart Power Management (SPM) is an intelligent engine power management system that improves performances and productivity of the machinery. The SPM system monitors the instantaneous power flows and immediately allocates the available power to the required jobs, so the operation function has always the maximum power available.
SAFETY & TECHNOLOGY
The B200 XP-2 has a very low sound emission level due to the sound-absorbing materials used and oil heat exchangers, designed for reducing the overall noise level. The layout of the machine and the wide openings of the canopy offer comfortable and easy access for inspection and maintenance. The machine conforms to the latest international standards guaranteeing maximum safety.
FULL LOAD SENSING TECHNOLOGY
The XP-2 hydraulic power system uses the Full Load Sensing (FLS) technology. Unlike the common hydraulic managing systems, the FLS only pressurizes the required amount of oil needed thanks to the feedback between pumps and distributors. Thus allowing the management of the power demands and reduces dissipation, achieving up to 25% fuel saving (calculated on the basis of a theoretical working cycle).
The XP-2 control system offers the following advantages for the operator:
- monitoring of all working function,
- diagnostic of the working systems to ensure the constant monitoring of the status of sensors and components,
- easy conversion in any drilling arrangement,
- friendly customization of working functions e.g. mappings of torque and speed for EP rotary head,
- remote rigs assistance,
- diagnostic, monitoring of working parameters.
|B200 XP Stone Column||EU||USA|
|Tool diameter*||480 ÷ 620 mm|
|Final column diameter*||600 ÷ 850 mm|
|Max. depth*||13,5 m|
|Torque of rotary head||210 kNm|
|Diesel engine – power||239 kW|
|Weight of equipment||64000 Kg|
The new ground improvement method is vibration free, so it can be used immediately next to sensitive sites or neighbouring buildings.
- Benefits of this piling application are:
- Less power required as no need to supply a high frequency vibrator.
- Fuel savings due to smaller power consumption in total.
- Only two plant items required, one to drill the other to load the stone for bottom feed stone column hopper.
- Fast to set up.
- No high-pressure water or air injection required therefore less mess.
- Bottom feed – can be used in collapsing soils.
- Binder can be introduced to provide rigid inclusions in the soil – no expensive concrete delivery trucks or pumps required.
- Does not create liquefaction state of soil with related possible machine instability due to vibration.
- No high wear or maintenance due to high frequency vibrating parts.
- Proven technique in several different soil types.
- Recognised by international geotechnical engineering design companies, due to close collaboration within ground engineering customers markets.
No introduction of high pressure water or air is required to expel the stone from the feed tube, the system is relatively mess free. Sites immediately adjacent to sensitive environments can be completed with the full knowledge that no high frequency vibrations or impact noise have affected the ground stability.
The tooling is a hybrid drilling assembly, this allows tool penetration through hard layers and removes the requirement for predrilling, that is often required for vibratory piling techniques.
The drilling method builds complete columns always, so there is no-void space introduction which may allow column contamination, at any time. Unlike methods where a plunging motion is used for stone compaction.
Fuel and Cost Savings: on traditional stone column systems. As the drilling application does not require any additional power packs, only one rig to perform the job.
Casagrande designed the application to be attached to a conventional rotary piling rig, thus a truly multi-purpose machine that can be converted back to other techniques is possible.